- • Maintains Bone and Dental Health
• Increases Calcium Absorption and Balance
• Boosts Immune Activity
• Supports Cardiometabolic Health
• Blood Sugar Balance, and Weight Loss
• Helps Increase Musculoskeletal Strength and Comfort
- See image of complete product label for Supplement Facts and ingredients list. What is Vitamin D? Vitamin D is a steroid vitamin, a group of fat soluble prohormones that are best known for the role they play in supporting bone health and aiding in the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the GI tract. However, a growing body of research highlights its important role in supporting other body systems, including cardiovascular and blood sugar balance as well as increasing musculoskeletal strength, neurological and immune function enabled by its ability to target over 200 different genes throughout the body. At the same time, deficiency and insufficiency of this important nutrient has reached epidemic proportions around the world, making the achievement of optimal levels more important than ever to overall health and wellbeing. Liquid Vitamin D3 is delivered in the preferred cholecalciferol form for optimal use by the body and provides 1000 IU per drop, for easy administration and absorption, ideal for those who prefer an alternative to capsules.
- Known as the sunshine vitamin, one of the key roles of vitamin D is maintaining serum calcium and phosphorous balance. Our bodies make vitamin D by converting vitamin D2 to D3 or cholecalciferol, the active form, when exposed to sunlight; D3 is also the form which the body derives from dietary cholesterol. When calcium and phosphorus levels dip in the body, parathyroid hormone (PTH) is released to increase vitamin D conversion to the active form. D3 is then metabolized to Calcitriol, a steroid hormone that helps regulate a variety of genes through the vitamin D receptor (VDR). While vitamin D is available in both forms as supplements, studies have found vitamin D3 is the preferable form as it has been found to maintain active vitamin D levels for a longer period of time.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.