- • Provides High Concentration, Fast-Absorbing Bioactive Methylcobalamin and MethylFolate (100% as 5-MTHF)
• Boosts Energy Levels and Supports Red Blood Cell Production
• Promotes Cardiovascular Health and Homocysteine Balance
• Rejuvenates Nerve Cell Function and Boosts Cognitive Health
• Supports a Positive Mood and Healthy Sleep Cycle Regulation
- This product includes a concentrated and bioavailable source of two key B vitamins- B12 and folate. Each tablet provides 5,000 mcg of methylcobalamin and 1,000 mcg of folate as Quatrefolic® (100% 5-MTHF). This synergistic blend of methyl-donating B vitamins quickly boosts tissue and brain levels to support numerous systems in the body.
- Vitamin B12 works along with folate in many body processes. These include increasing metabolic energy and red blood cell production, supporting mood regulation and cognitive function, up-regulating methylation, increasing DNA synthesis and repair, and supporting the formation of the protective myelin sheath, the insulating exterior that speeds up nerve cell transmission. Most B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin. In order for B12 to be utilized in the body, the liver must first remove the cyanide molecule and attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin, the biologically active, tissue-ready form. Research has shown that methylcobalamin is more efficiently used and retained in the body than the cyanocobalamin form.  Adding significant synergy to this formula is the methylated form of folic acid, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF). 5-MTHF activates B12 in the body by donating its methyl group to cobalamin, forming methylcobalamin. 5-MTHF requires the enzyme 5-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (5-MTHFR) in order to be converted from folic acid into its active form, 5-MTHF. Enzyme defects, malabsorption and congenital deficiency of 5-MTHFR can result in an impaired ability to activate folic acid. In individuals with a genetic defect of this enzyme, supplementation with 5-MTHF may be the preferable form of folate supplementation.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.